Monday, March 1, 2010

Week 7 Update

Seven weeks and still moving along.

I think the thing I'm proudest of this week is keeping on target with the program despite travel. I was doing a gig in Southern California this weekend, so flew to Burbank on Friday, worked on Saturday, then flew back on Sunday. Very different than past travel in terms of eating, I'd say:

I brought some nuts along, so on the flight out skipped any soft drinks and only drank water and ate some of the nuts. That evening, dinner was on my own, so ordered roast chicken from the hotel restaurant, no potatoes--quite good, I'd say! I'd also brought two of the dove dark chocolates, so had one as well. Saturday morning was a couple eggs scrambled, bacon, and fruit (some cantaloupe, strawberries, raspberries, and pineapple)--more fruit than I'd eat at home, but good. Lunch was at the university, a typical make-your-own sandwich buffet table, so I did a kind of mixed salad plate, taking no bread: turkey, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and a pickle. No cookie, although they looked tasty! For dinner that evening with one of my colleagues (as groups were warming up) a steak and salad--my other dark chocolate after the evening's judging. I skipped the brownies and the proffered soft drink at the reception. The same breakfast the next morning, but they gave me more eggs, I'd guess about three eggs scrambled. Same on plane going back--just some nuts and water. When I got home I had a protein shake and my chocolate before going to bed.

This is a huge change from prior travel, which would mean having one or two cokes on the flight, plus whatever they gave me in terms of carb-y snacks, plus perhaps a candy bar, chips or something while waiting at the airport. I certainly would have had more soft drinks at lunch and a couple cookies (and perhaps taken another couple to have later).

So I'm happy with where I am at this point of transforming the way I eat.

Results:

Weight:

Bodyfat:

Weight lost this week: 1 1/2 pounds
Total: 19 1/2 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment